I’ve been writing stories since I was 5 years old, but not until I graduated from high school and participated in the Long Ridge Writer’s Group did I get to focus on my writing more professionally. Operation Lionhearted, my upcoming science-fiction novel, has its own page–but here you can peek at a few of my other projects, including my fanfiction and articles published elsewhere on the Internet.
Starting in January 2020, I’m breaking into the world of freelance writing! I’m also on the writing team for Cultivating, a quarterly online magazine dedicated to nurturing creative excellence and spiritual growth in Christians engaged in the arts. To that end, here’s an ongoing list of articles I’ve written for other blogs and online magazines:
Notre Dame: Reflections on the Loss of an Icon of Truth & Beauty (published on Catholic Vision, April 2019)
Nashville Part 2: The Art of Writing Conference Q&A with Maribeth (published on Cosmos And A Cuppa, November 2019)
I am a great believer in fanfiction as both a writing exercise and a way of assuaging my broken heart after watching a movie or show that didn’t give my favorite characters the happy endings they DESERVE!
Ahem. Sorry about that; I’m just such a hopeless romantic.
My Fanfiction.net page: LadyEnterprise1701
- This is where I first started posting my fanfics. My Man of Steel, Avengers, Cranford, Hunger Games, Star Trek, Star Wars, and Band of Brothers stories are all here.
My Archive of Our Own page (and now my primary fanfic-posting spot): LadyEnterprise1701
- My Star Trek stories (primarily based on my love for the Kirk/Uhura ship)
- My Victoria stories (primarily Vicbourne, the only instance where I’ve veered into historical AUs)
- My Doctor Who stories (beginning with my novel-length magnum opus, This Life We Choose)
- Star Wars: The Rise of the Jedi (my Rey Skywalker/Ben Solo story, currently in progress!)