(*re-emerges after a whole month of…[cough]…not blogging*)
I feel like I have some really good excuses, haha. Thanksgiving, Christmas, housekeeping (which is a full time job), virtual assistance work with The Cultivating Project and the C.S. Lewis Foundation, marriage, and kitty-cuddling keep me quite occupied! Hey, if I can update my blog at least once a month, I’ll be good 😉
I’m actually writing the words you’re reading RIGHT NOW from the library at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi. Casey is taking one of three final ordination exams this month, and decided that studying in the expansive library of his alma mater would be a helpful strategy for success. So for the next few days, I get to be a seminary wife! I’ll also be able to keep up with work and write for the first time in months.
And by “write,” I don’t just mean my next article for Cultivating. I’ve also got a story idea cooking 👀
With that hilarious GIF to send me on my way, I shall leave y’all with a very fun blog post I prepared last week, one that hearkens back to my very first Christmas with Spotify. I hope y’all enjoy it and have fun playing with the tag on your own blogs!
Who else was very, very, VERY pleased with their Spotify Wrapped this year? Honestly, this is becoming an annual highlight of the Christmas season for me–not to mention a fun thing to do on my blog!
Here’s the weird/fun/unpredictable thing, though: Spotify’s categories seem to change every year. The way they organized my music in 2022 was mostly (though not completely) different from 2021. And if I recall correctly, some people get a few different categorizations than others.
So here’s the thing: I’ll do my best with the tag questions this year, and you can run with them AND add any different “classifications” you may have received to the list!
1 – Link back to THIS post on A Writer’s Tale
2 – Share THIS image at the top of your post:
3 – Link to your Spotify so your readers can follow you (here’s my profile!)
4 – Tag a few friends…or your entire blog audience, if you prefer!
What was your #1 song of the year?
“Such Good Luck” from the Downton Abbey soundtrack! I played it 51 times, with the most listens on May 4, 2022.
What were your other top songs of the year?
Unsurprisingly, they’re all instrumental, because that’s all I listen to while I’m working.
- “Such Good Luck” from the Downton Abbey soundtrack
- “Little Women” from the 2019 Little Women soundtrack
- “Rey’s Theme” (*grins*) from The Force Awakens soundtrack
- “Interns Get Started” from The Intern soundtrack
- “Trick or Treat” from the Marriage Story soundtrack
Who was your top artist?
TAYLOR SWIFT, OF COURSE. I spent 2,129 minutes listening to Taylor Swift. I am in the top 3% of Taylor Swift listeners this year. Should I be proud of that? Probably.
Who are your top 5 artists?
- Taylor Swift
- Alexandra Harwood
- Bear McCreary (because the Outlander soundtracks are THE BOMB)
- Alexandre Desplat
- Theodore Shapiro
What were your top podcasts?
I spent a whopping 6,451 minutes listening to podcasts, and my top 5 are…
- “Believe to See” from the Anselm Society (I spent 2,061 minutes listening to this one, woot-woot!)
- “Bare Marriage” by Sheila Gregoire (this podcast is LIT, y’all–but not for little ears)
- “Speaking With Joy” by Joy Clarkson
- “Imagination Redeemed” by the Anselm Society
- “Truth for Life Daily Program” by Alistair Begg (Casey and I listened to his series on marriage together!)
My morning started with…
I seized the day with…
Heartache??? (Is this because of my “Of Whimsy & Sehnsucht” playlist? Or is my “Over the Sea to Skye” one?)
I embraced the night with…
Flapper. (I blame my newfound obsession with Postmodern Jukebox.)
How many minutes did you spend listening to Spotify?
33,980 minutes–more than 84% of other listeners in the United States, apparently.
What kind of listener are you?
How many genres did you listen to this year?
I listened to 32 different genres–one less than in 2021, interestingly.
What are your top genres?
Soundtrack, Country Rock, Pop, Classical Performance, and…Roots Worship? What is “Roots Worship????”
(*scrambles to Spotify to understand this*)
Ohhhhh…Andrew Peterson, Sovereign Grace, Keith & Kristin Getty…okay, this does make sense now.
The list of questions for your convenience, should you choose to accept this tag:
- What was your #1 song of the year?
- What were your other top songs of the year?
- Who was your top artist?
- Who are your top 5 artists?
- What were your top podcasts?
- My morning started with…
- I seized the day with…
- I embraced the night with…
- How many minutes did you spend listening to Spotify?
- What kind of listener are you?
- How many genres did you listen to this year?
- What are your top genres?
3 thoughts on “The 2022 Spotify Wrapped Tag”
Ooh, I’m definitely doing this one on Friday! This was a lot of fun last year and I’m excited for it again. Reading through your answers was also fun – it made me smile that you were talking about your consistent listening of TS’s music and then Spotify said you’re a devotee listener. That seems to fit, haha! 😉
Such a fun tag! I’ll have to complete it for my own blog ☺️