Many thanks to Eva-Joy for bestowing upon me my second Sunshine Blogger Award! I’ve always found these are a lovely way to show appreciation in the blogging world…and a great way to update one’s blog when one’s schedule resembles a juggling act 😉
I just need to make a few housekeeping notes before delving into Eva-Joy’s questions…
- To any new readers who stumbled upon this blog after my semi-viral tweet this past weekend (heehee), HELLO! Please feel free to visit my About page, browse my ever-growing selection of movie, book, television, and music reviews, and converse in the comments section. You are most welcome here!
- The October edition of The Wordsmithery goes out to all subscribers THIS coming Wednesday! The Wordsmithery is my monthly newsletter, full of recommended articles, inspiring quotes, mini-reviews, and liturgical resources–and you still have 48 hours to sign up for October’s package!
- I won’t have an update next Monday (the 12th)…because I’m sharing two articles later that week for Eva-Joy and Katie Hanna’s Everything Star Wars Blogathon! One article will be about the soundtracks, while the other will be a more scholarly treatise on how the story of Rey and Ben Solo parallels certain pieces of classical literature.
- After the Blogathon I’m also taking two weeks off. I’ll be working the early voting polls in my area for ten days and won’t have the opportunity to blog–but I’ll be back the first Monday of November with something beautiful to counteract the madness of the election, I promise.
And that’s it! Without further ado, here is the Sunshine Blogger Award Tag!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog. (Done.)
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
What’s the latest you’ve ever stayed up? Earlier this year while struggling with insomnia, I tossed and turned one night till at least 1 AM. I’m pretty sure I stayed up a little later than that, though. So glad I’m not suffering from that anymore!
Are you right- or left-handed? Right-handed!
What’s the best movie you’ve watched this year? Well, I haven’t seen too many new movies since all the theaters have been closed. But if I had to pick one movie out of all the ones I’ve watched (or re-watched) in 2020, the most impactful, well-crafted, and meaningful one would probably be A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood…with Paterson and Little Women right on its heels.
What’s the best book you’ve read this year? This is much easier to answer, haha. Circe by Madeline Miller is the best book I’ve read this year (so far). I practically inhaled it this past spring, and I’m still thinking about it.
Do you prefer Christmas or your birthday? Oh, Christmas, without question. Birthdays are fun, but I still don’t know what to do or say or be whenever people sing “Happy Birthday” to me. Christmas, on the other hand, is sacred and beautiful and joyous. The foodstuffs aren’t too bad, either 😉
Do you keep a journal or a diary? I keep a prayer/devotional journal, but not an actual diary.
Neutrals or pastels? Neutrals. You can mix and match more easily.
What’s your favorite letter of the alphabet? I love this question, haha. It would have to be “E” for me. I love names that begin with “E.”
What’s your favorite life hack? If you’re out of baking powder (and we cannot find baking powder to save our lives right now), just do this: for every 1 teaspoon of baking powder you need, use 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar, and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. The results will be ever-so-slightly different, but it does work.
What was the last thing you bought? A candlestick holder!
What’s your middle name? I actually don’t have a middle name! It was once a source of great woe: there’s nothing like the collective horror of middle-schoolers when, after swapping all their awesome middle names, they find out you are the only one with a single name. BUT in my old age I have come to love my name. After all, I basically share it with the Virgin Mary and her cousin Elizabeth. How could I ever complain about that?
- If you could fight a sea serpent with one favorite fictional character, which would it be?
- What is your favorite Disney movie?
- Do you prefer poetry or prose? (Bonus: which do you prefer writing?)
- Do you prefer Greek, Roman, Celtic, Norse, Chinese, or some other type of mythology?
- What are your thoughts on spaghetti?
- Favorite song at this moment in time?
- What is the best thing that’s happened to you so far in 2020? (#2020Positivity, y’all)
- Do you collect anything?
- Les Miserables or The Phantom of the Opera? (This is like Star Wars vs. Star Trek for me, haha.)
- Best painter of all time, in your humble opinion?
- Which three fictional characters do you relate to the most?
Here’s what I’m gonna do: because many of my frequent commenters don’t have blogs (but have been pockets of sunshine on this blog all the same), I’m going to open these questions to ALL of you! Just answer them in the comments section and have fun! OR, if you do have a blog and want to use these questions as a jump-start for a new post, feel free to do that, too.
I eagerly await your responses 🙂